Been working hard to bring lots of killer items out for you boils and ghouls to purchase at the Hardcore Hearse Club Show on June 15th! Here are just a couple sneak peeks for you guys!
A complete and large display of Dead Girl Decay Accessories!
I have also been working hard at bagging up prints and making some never before seen items just for the show. So make sure to come out next weekend for your chance to buy from me face-to-face!
And.. as a little thank you to my Freaky Fanatics who follow me and have been so supportive of my work, here is a coupon you can bring with you to get $5 off your purchase of $50 or more at my table!
Since my first two limited edition corpse dolls have been adopted, it was well overdue that I make another one. Since two heads are better than one I decided to take it up a notch after finding some killer supplies that got my creative blood flowing. These ladies are waiting for their Mr. Right and it appears they have been waiting a long time.
This limited edition doll will be making its debut at the Hardcore Hearse Club show that I am vending on June 15th. So anyone that comes out to the show will get first dibs on buying it! No two dolls I make are every alike or duplicated. So if you get your hands on one, you are getting a one of a kind creation!
What time is it Finn and Jake? It’s vendor prep time!! AKA you won’t see Nicole for a while because she will be cooped up in her art studio for the next few months ha ha.
That’s right I will be vending once again at our hearse club’s big annual hearse show! And of corpse, we will be bringing Frankenhearse to the show as well! As always, I will have special show pricing for people buying from me in person and one of a kind items made just for the show. All my newest portraits and drawings will be available for sale as prints as well as past art pieces you may have missed out on. Anything you are hoping to see at my booth? Comment away! And with that please save the date! I hope to see you creeps there!
I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who helped make my booth a success this weekend. This includes my husband Frank and our friends Mike and Ellie who without them I would’ve never been able to vend. See this past week, not only did I have an allergic reaction to something (that caused me to break out in hives), but I also fell and sprained my ankle something fierce. The hives cleared up just in time for the show but the ankle will not be healed for quite some time. I don’t know what I would’ve done without them.
And I also want to thank my friends/family who came out to support me. Our friends Mike and Heather traveled up here to see the show and to support my work as well as all the hard work Frank puts into Frankenhearse (you have no idea how much work it is to wipe down a hearse in the heat for a car show). Heather’s Mom came with them and was not only dressed for the occasion but was ecstatic to meet Svengoolie. It really meant a lot to us that they came out. We were even more thrilled to hear that they had such a good time they want to come back next year.
And last but not least the AWESOME people who visited my booth. If you purchased something I am truly grateful. Not only because I missed a lot of work last week (from being covered in itchy bumps and mangled limbs), but because you liked something that I created and spent your hard earned money to support an artist. It speaks volumes. Please send photos! I would love to add you all to my website showing off what you purchased from my booth! And for those who were not able to afford something but came by to say hi and tell me you love my work, you guys rock too! Just knowing you guys dig what I am masterminding means the world to me.
The Hardcore Hearse Club’s 5th Annual Hearse show is just around the corner! Not only will we have Frankenhearse on display, but I will be vending my artwork again as well!
Each year I mark down my prices for in-person purchases at this event! So if you ever wanted to purchase from me this is the best time to stock up and save! Creep up your home or wardrobe or get ready for Halloween! All while having a ghoulishly good time doing it!
Order forms will be available for one of a kind custom orders. This is a great time to talk to me in person about making you a one of a kind creation. This includes Adopt The Undead Zombie props, Custom Dead Girl Decay Accessories and Ghoulish Garments! I will also have some unique creations not currently for sale online! They will be available at this event only. They will only be up for sale online if they do not sell at this event. So come get first dibs!
I just wanted to thank all of you for supporting my work. 2017 has been a year of many milestones for me as an artist. Even though I have health setbacks I keep trucking along and your support helps to keep me doing what I love.
Here are just a few milestones I am grateful for in 2017…..
- I marked a TON of Art Bucket List items off my list this year. I created so many things that I have put off for way too long. Knowing this makes me feel so accomplished as an artist. Thank you to those who always give me feedback on my work and inspire me to keep creating!
- I enjoyed creating custom and commission pieces from both return and new clients this year! Thank you for believing that I could make your visions come to life! Thank you for all of your Freaky Fanatic photo submissions and reviews! You guys have no idea how much happiness I get from receiving these and being able to share them with the world!
- I participated again in Woman of Horror Month which helps bring awareness and supports the woman that make the horror genre what it is today!
- I started selling my portraits as Ghoulish Garments which have been a hit. I have been wanting to do this for years and finally found a DTG Printer that fit all of my needs. To know that you guys want to display my art is one thing. Knowing you want to wear it is a compliment on a whole new level. Thank you for all of your t-shirt orders. 2018 may open doors to even more products so stay tuned!
- I got to meet the very talented and fun Kelly Doty at the Villain Arts Chicago Tattoo Convention and give her a Dead Girl Decay Barrette inspired by her. While I was there I was able to network with other artists. I also got my Captain Spaulding tattoo done by my very talented friend Dave Togtman of Black Devil Tattoo.
- My “What Nightmares Are Made Of” Tim Burton and Jack art piece was selected to be put on display at the new Beetle House Tim Burton Bar in California. As scary as it was to mail off my original work, it made it there in one piece and is on display in their dining room! I am still in awe of this and hope one day I am able to travel there to finally see it on display in person. Thank you to those of you who have shared photos with me of it on display. I love living vicariously through all of you!
- I got to finally meet Art Alexakis and the rest of the Everclear band. Even though this doesn’t directly have to do with my art it was a dream of my since the 90’s and their music has inspired me in so many ways!
- I vended again with my fellow hearse collectors at the big Hardcore Hearse Club Show and sold double the amount I did last year! For those of you that were not able to buy something but visited my table, you are important too! You took a business card to spread the word, ordered from me online later or even just gave me positive feedback to keep me doing what I am doing! Thank you for bearing the heat with me again this year. And to my husband and my friends and family that help me each year with set up, watching my items when I need a break or making sure the weather doesn’t destroy anything.. you are my rocks and I couldn’t do this without you!
- Thanks to helping out the hearse club, I was able to attend Days of the Dead in Indy where I was able to do more networking. I also was able to give more of my work to my dear friend Sid Haig for his birthday and catch up with him over dinner and drinks. Sid is not just a guest and not just a friend but a true inspiration to me.
- I was “crowned” Best Horror Shop by Morbidly Beautiful Horror due to the massive support of my Freaky Fanatics who voted, posted and did everything the could to see me outbeat the big guys! I am still in awe of this and in all of you! This also allowed me to give back by teaming up with Morbidly Beautiful to give away my work to one lucky winner. And that winner didn’t just win the item. They proudly posted photos and video of what they received! Including their logo pin displayed on their bad ass vest!
- You helped me raise money for the S.O.P.H.I.E Lancaster Foundation. The limited edition 10 year anniversary barrettes I made were sold out in only a couple of days!!! I even had a friend of Sophie’s contact me directly to reserve one so she could wear it for her wedding day!
- I painted the 3 largest canvases of my life after being in the ER and out of work for a couple of weeks. This technically falls in the above category of commission pieces but I feel it stands alone as it was a big artistic milestone for me. They were not just large canvases but they were of a landscape which is not something I do on a regular basis. Thank you, Uncle Lou, for believing in me. Thank you to my husband for putting the canvases together, putting up with me and all the basement space I hogged up to get it done. Thank you to my Dad for all his advice and my brother and friends who kept telling me “you got this!”
- I finally accepted Amazon’s invite for me to start selling on Amazon Handmade. I was nervous about doing this and knew it would take me forever to get my items all set up in my shop. However, my cousin Pat who is also my Accountant gave me the advice to push me forward and I am so glad I did. Since opening my shop I have had consistent orders coming through including return clients. During the weeks up to Christmas, I was packaging up orders every night after work to the point I had to stop and post a thank you. I am so happy to be able to reach more Freaky Fanatics through another outlet.
- I entered the Rick and Morty Hot Topic T-Shirt Contest, and even though I did not win, I am still in awe of all of you that took the time to vote and comment on my submission. Some of you even followed up asking when it will be a shirt so you could buy it. I threw together a quick sketch so I could enter before the deadline. It was a vision I had for quite some time and I am glad I was able to participate. Stay tuned as I have plans for that design in 2018!
- Frank and I did a lot of networking at Days of the Dead Chicago!! I was also able to give Sid Ghoulish Garments for him and his wife Suzie. I was also honored to give my work to Felissa Rose, Fairuza Balk, and Lisa Marie. To top it off I was able to finally meet the Soska Sisters (Jen and Sylvia Soska AKA The Twisted Twins) who remembered me from the American Mary barrettes I made them.
- Frank upgraded my printer/scanner for my art studio for Christmas. This was something I wanted but also needed. With me getting more print orders it just made sense for me to be able to do more of them from home vs going to a printer all the time. The much larger scanner also saves me from going to a printer to scan larger art pieces. Next goal… a DTG printer of my own (a girl can dream)!
With 2017 being such a great year for me artistically I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings. One of the gifts my goddaughter Ava got me for Christmas is a really nice hardcover notebook that says “Enjoy The Little Things”. I plan to use it to jot down all creative ideas. So get ready Freaky Fanatics and……… Happy New Year!
If you plan on attending the Hardcore Hearse Club’s Haunted Halloween Weekend then make sure to enter some of the great contests they are having. I won’t be vending this event due to other artistic obligations, but I have donated these handmade Dead Girl Decay Barrettes that will be given away as part of the prizes! It’s hard to see in the photo but they each come in super cute glittery bat bags.
If you were not aware of the events happening this weekend here is the flyer with all the details. We may be there with Frankenhearse (weather permitting) on Saturday.