Another Friday the 13th means savings for my Freaky Fanatics. Use coupon code 71318 at check out in my Etsy shop and see 13% slashed off your order!
In celebration of Friday the 13th, use coupon code FT13TH at check out in my Etsy shop to see 13% slashed off your order. TODAY ONLY! This includes all items except sales items, fundraiser items, gift certificates and custom made to order items.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. So I am here to help you find the perfect gift for that boil or ghoul of your nightmares! Use coupon code BLOODYVALENTINE in my Etsy shop now through February 10th and receive 14% off your order!
All ready to ship items will ship out right away. However, it is highly suggested if you are interested in gifting a t-shirt that you order ASAP. Each one is made to order and takes approximately 2 weeks to be printed and shipped. Custom requests are welcome if you contact me now. This assures I have enough time to order any supplies I may need to make your vision come to life.
Don’t forget I also offer gift certificates. They are not eligible for the discount code but they make great gifts (especially for last-minute shoppers). When purchased from my shop a digital certificate will be emailed directly to you (so you can print it out) or it can be emailed directly to the recipient.
I just wanted to thank all of you for supporting my work. 2017 has been a year of many milestones for me as an artist. Even though I have health setbacks I keep trucking along and your support helps to keep me doing what I love.
Here are just a few milestones I am grateful for in 2017…..
- I marked a TON of Art Bucket List items off my list this year. I created so many things that I have put off for way too long. Knowing this makes me feel so accomplished as an artist. Thank you to those who always give me feedback on my work and inspire me to keep creating!
- I enjoyed creating custom and commission pieces from both return and new clients this year! Thank you for believing that I could make your visions come to life! Thank you for all of your Freaky Fanatic photo submissions and reviews! You guys have no idea how much happiness I get from receiving these and being able to share them with the world!
- I participated again in Woman of Horror Month which helps bring awareness and supports the woman that make the horror genre what it is today!
- I started selling my portraits as Ghoulish Garments which have been a hit. I have been wanting to do this for years and finally found a DTG Printer that fit all of my needs. To know that you guys want to display my art is one thing. Knowing you want to wear it is a compliment on a whole new level. Thank you for all of your t-shirt orders. 2018 may open doors to even more products so stay tuned!
- I got to meet the very talented and fun Kelly Doty at the Villain Arts Chicago Tattoo Convention and give her a Dead Girl Decay Barrette inspired by her. While I was there I was able to network with other artists. I also got my Captain Spaulding tattoo done by my very talented friend Dave Togtman of Black Devil Tattoo.
- My “What Nightmares Are Made Of” Tim Burton and Jack art piece was selected to be put on display at the new Beetle House Tim Burton Bar in California. As scary as it was to mail off my original work, it made it there in one piece and is on display in their dining room! I am still in awe of this and hope one day I am able to travel there to finally see it on display in person. Thank you to those of you who have shared photos with me of it on display. I love living vicariously through all of you!
- I got to finally meet Art Alexakis and the rest of the Everclear band. Even though this doesn’t directly have to do with my art it was a dream of my since the 90’s and their music has inspired me in so many ways!
- I vended again with my fellow hearse collectors at the big Hardcore Hearse Club Show and sold double the amount I did last year! For those of you that were not able to buy something but visited my table, you are important too! You took a business card to spread the word, ordered from me online later or even just gave me positive feedback to keep me doing what I am doing! Thank you for bearing the heat with me again this year. And to my husband and my friends and family that help me each year with set up, watching my items when I need a break or making sure the weather doesn’t destroy anything.. you are my rocks and I couldn’t do this without you!
- Thanks to helping out the hearse club, I was able to attend Days of the Dead in Indy where I was able to do more networking. I also was able to give more of my work to my dear friend Sid Haig for his birthday and catch up with him over dinner and drinks. Sid is not just a guest and not just a friend but a true inspiration to me.
- I was “crowned” Best Horror Shop by Morbidly Beautiful Horror due to the massive support of my Freaky Fanatics who voted, posted and did everything the could to see me outbeat the big guys! I am still in awe of this and in all of you! This also allowed me to give back by teaming up with Morbidly Beautiful to give away my work to one lucky winner. And that winner didn’t just win the item. They proudly posted photos and video of what they received! Including their logo pin displayed on their bad ass vest!
- You helped me raise money for the S.O.P.H.I.E Lancaster Foundation. The limited edition 10 year anniversary barrettes I made were sold out in only a couple of days!!! I even had a friend of Sophie’s contact me directly to reserve one so she could wear it for her wedding day!
- I painted the 3 largest canvases of my life after being in the ER and out of work for a couple of weeks. This technically falls in the above category of commission pieces but I feel it stands alone as it was a big artistic milestone for me. They were not just large canvases but they were of a landscape which is not something I do on a regular basis. Thank you, Uncle Lou, for believing in me. Thank you to my husband for putting the canvases together, putting up with me and all the basement space I hogged up to get it done. Thank you to my Dad for all his advice and my brother and friends who kept telling me “you got this!”
- I finally accepted Amazon’s invite for me to start selling on Amazon Handmade. I was nervous about doing this and knew it would take me forever to get my items all set up in my shop. However, my cousin Pat who is also my Accountant gave me the advice to push me forward and I am so glad I did. Since opening my shop I have had consistent orders coming through including return clients. During the weeks up to Christmas, I was packaging up orders every night after work to the point I had to stop and post a thank you. I am so happy to be able to reach more Freaky Fanatics through another outlet.
- I entered the Rick and Morty Hot Topic T-Shirt Contest, and even though I did not win, I am still in awe of all of you that took the time to vote and comment on my submission. Some of you even followed up asking when it will be a shirt so you could buy it. I threw together a quick sketch so I could enter before the deadline. It was a vision I had for quite some time and I am glad I was able to participate. Stay tuned as I have plans for that design in 2018!
- Frank and I did a lot of networking at Days of the Dead Chicago!! I was also able to give Sid Ghoulish Garments for him and his wife Suzie. I was also honored to give my work to Felissa Rose, Fairuza Balk, and Lisa Marie. To top it off I was able to finally meet the Soska Sisters (Jen and Sylvia Soska AKA The Twisted Twins) who remembered me from the American Mary barrettes I made them.
- Frank upgraded my printer/scanner for my art studio for Christmas. This was something I wanted but also needed. With me getting more print orders it just made sense for me to be able to do more of them from home vs going to a printer all the time. The much larger scanner also saves me from going to a printer to scan larger art pieces. Next goal… a DTG printer of my own (a girl can dream)!
With 2017 being such a great year for me artistically I can’t wait to see what 2018 brings. One of the gifts my goddaughter Ava got me for Christmas is a really nice hardcover notebook that says “Enjoy The Little Things”. I plan to use it to jot down all creative ideas. So get ready Freaky Fanatics and……… Happy New Year!
I just wanted to remind everyone that my Ghoulish Garments can take up to 2 weeks to produce and ship. This is due to the fact that each one is created individually and goes through a quality inspection check from my printer. This assures that you receive the best product possible. So if you are looking to give a unique, wearable art t-shirt as a Christmas present I highly recommend ordering them now to assure they arrive to you on time for holiday gift giving.
There are currently 38 designs to choose from in my Etsy shop. If you prefer to shop via Amazon I have added quite a few designs on there but have not gotten them all on there quite yet. So if you are looking to see ALL the designs that are available I highly recommend going through my Etsy shop. Remember to contact me before ordering if you need a specific size, style or prefer a different color fabric then pictured in the listings. I can often customize these based on what is available through my printer. I have even had clients ask to have the title of the art piece added to the image.
It’s that so called “wonderful time of year” again. You know… time to gorge yourself with food and then go out and try not to kill anyone in your path for a Tickle Me Elmo. Orrrrrrr…. you can actually make it wonderful by supporting artists/small businesses and buy something handmade and one of a kind from the Etsy Massacre Team instead. Participating team members are offering deals in their shops starting this week using coupon code THANKSKILLING17.
My sale starts today and runs until November 30th. If you spend $50.00 or more and use the coupon code at check out, you will see $5.00 slashed off your order!
To see what shops will be participating follow our Team on Instagram and Tumblr for updates! Don’t forget to share this blog post with anyone who appreciates creepy creations and getting them for a great deal!
So my title says it all. Not only is it Friday the 13th but it’s Friday the 13th…..in October!
So this deserves a definite sale for all my Freaky Fanatics! Go to my Etsy shop and get your cart filled with handmade wonders. Then check out and put code FRIDAY1013 in the coupon code section to get 13% off your entire order! This coupon code will be good for this special weekend only and includes everything except fundraiser items, clearance, and gift certificates.
Frank and I enjoying some good times with Kane Hodder